I had to be out of the classroom due to testing, but students continued to work on our “Bridge to High School” Chemistry lessons.
HOPEFULLY everyone watched the “how-to” video on Louis Dot diagrams before class today. Check the sticky post above if you need a refresher.
- Inside an Atom
- Read and take notes in ISN – student choice of notes/graphic organizer style
- Answer “Guide to Reading” questions
- Atoms and the Periodic Table
- Read and take notes in ISN- student choice of notes/graphic org. style
- Answer “Guide to Reading” questions
- Element Builder Gizmo – Activity B – Student led gizmo activity.
Complete Chemistry Packet #2 (all parts)
Element Builder Gizmo Assessment questions
Watch Video on balancing chemical equations for class on Fri/Monday
Essential Question: What happens to matter when it changes?
Today we got started going a little deeper into the topic of Chemistry.
- Baggie Blast Investigation – Students got to witness a chemical reaction and explore the law of conservation of mass.
- Chemistry Review Packet #1
- Read short article and take notes in your ISN (student choice of notes/graphic organizer style)
- Answer “Guide to Reading” questions.
Complete “Chemistry Review Packet #1″
Watch video on Drawing Lewis Dot Diagrams for next class
Whew! Science FCAT has come and gone! I heard a lot of great reports from most of the homeroom teachers today — I truly appreciate all of my students who took their time and did their best on the Science FCAT. I know that once you get your results you will know that all of your hard work has paid off!
A quick “housekeeping” update:
I finally have had a chance to update some more grades on the online gradebook for the Activity centers & quizzes we have been working on in class the past few weeks. I know that I still need to check some student’s ISNs but I will get that done next Monday or Tuesday. Please know that we will not have any more time in class to work on this review material, but you can still complete it to receive credit.
If you do not have a score for a review station assignment (or quiz) you must complete the assignment and submit it for grading by FRIDAY 4/25 or it will go into gradebook as a 0. Check your gaggle portal to see what assignments you don’t have scores for.
All of the “activities” are on this blog and you can get the quizzes from me in class. These assignments are not able to be made up after 4/25.
If you are still having trouble completing one of these assignments you can email me for guidance. Additionally, I am available before or after school by appointment – please give me 24 hours notice to be sure that I am free.
On Monday we offically start our “Bridge to High School” unit!
Today is the Science FCAT! Take your time and remember to read each question and answer carefully. Remember that you can write on the test, so use CUBEs or other strategies to eliminate wrong answers.
You are ready for this!
Today we are only working on two new activity centers, but students had the opportunity to get handouts that they were missing. Over the weekend I plan on posting the materials online so you can access them at home.
- Repetition/Replication – ISN Right Side – guided notes, Left Side- Quiz
- Photosynthesis/Cellular Respiration – ISN Right Side- “Plants and Snails Gizmo SEG” Left Side- Qui
- FCAT Review Packets Bucket – Take a review packet based on your CGA Data.
- Complete FCAT Review Centers
- FCAT Review Bucket Packet
Today we worked on our third day of FCAT Review stations. Over the next few days I will be updating the gradebook with your scores on the review stations and the assessments — If you get a low grade on a quiz you may recycle it for partial credit.
Review Stations (day 3):
- Atoms/Periodic Table
- Density Practice
- Complete Density activity if you did not complete it in class.
- FCAT independent practice packet
- Don’t forget you have the online textbooks to help you review
Some students asked for access to the weather station material. Below you can find the powerpoint slides and the guided notes handout.
Click the image below for the PPT.
FCAT Review Center (Day 3)
Click the image below for the Atoms/Periodic Table powerpoint presentation
Today we started on our second day of FCAT Review Centers. Each station includes independent practice and a quiz.
- Human Body Systems – Students created “facebook pages” for each body system. This station took a while, so some students may have to complete it for Home Learning.
- Contact/Non-contact forces
- Weather/Atmospheric Movement
Complete the Human Body System facebook profile activity and quiz.
Study material for FCAT. Remember to use the online textbooks at thinkcentral.com
FCAT practice “bucket”