I just received the following info and updates from eCybermission. Please take a moment to review this info if you are working on the eCybermission project — there’s a TON of resources to help you stay on track!
“Welcome back! There are just under seven weeks left until the Wednesday February 22nd deadline for submitting Mission Folders. Your teams must submit their Mission Folders no later than 11:59pm ET that night! In this newsletter, we cover suggested timelines and provide resources to keep your teams on track.
WHAT SHOULD THE TEAM HAVE DONE BY NOW?
By now your team should have:
- Identified the method they are using (scientific inquiry or engineering design). This must be selected by the Team Advisor on their login page before the team can access their Mission Folder.
- Identified the Mission Challenge they are addressing (go to http://ecybermission.com/MissionChallenges to see the complete list). This must be selected by the Team advisor on their login page before the team can access their Mission Folder.
- Identified the specific problem they are attempting to solve
- Begun researching the problem they are attempting to solve
If your team is having difficulty with any of the above, you can help by guiding them through some of the Mission Folder Resource sheets found at the bottom of the Team Resources page of the website. Specifically, take a look at:
The next step for your team will depend on if they have chosen scientific inquiry or engineering design.
For scientific inquiry:
For engineering design:
If your team is well ahead of these steps, congratulations! Keep up the good work. And if you’d like to see a suggested timeline, you can find it here:
Scientific Inquiry – http://ecybermission.com/files/SuggestTimeline_SM.pdf
Engineering Design – http://ecybermission.com/files/SuggestTimeline_ED.pdf
WHAT ABOUT IRB & SURVEY FORMS?
New this year! The competition rules state that IRB & Survey Approval forms must be uploaded BEFORE testing begins. Please help your teams with this vital first step.
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING?
Two great opportunities to get your eCYBERMISSION questions answered – live!
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 – 6pm – CyberGuide Chat: A chance for your students to speak directly with CyberGuides and ask them questions about their Mission Folders. This week’s topic will be “The ABC’s of Mission Folders: Attachments, Building Charts, and Communicating Your Work.”
- Next TA Live Chat: Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 4pm ET. Join us on Blackboard Collaborate by clicking here! When you log in, please identify yourself using your first initial and last name. If you can’t make it on 1/12, join us on 2/2 at 5pm ET or 2/9 at 6pm ET!
If your students can’t make the live CyberGuide Chat, encourage them to use the Team Talk function available on their home pages to ask questions.